Sunday 15 February 2009

Colcherian Boy - my song for Colchester

You may have seen my little ditty dedicated to Colchester on YouTube, which is a cover of "American Boy" titled "Colcherian Boy".

I made the video for a laugh as I wanted to test out some new recording studio I brought. It was meant to be a bit of fun and I think the majority of people get that. It was never going to be anywhere near as funny as the "East Anglian Boy" version which is pure genius.

The video is supposed to be a reflection of my misspent youth and time spent in Shrub End some 15 years ago. It had about 2000 hits in 10 days, which may not be a lot, but is a record for anything I've ever posted on YouTube.

Unfortunatly, as always, there are a few painful souls who have taken it all far too seriously.

For example, one particular user made their disgust clear by commenting that there is "no such thing as Colchester" and that I should have called the video "Colchestrian" boy. Well, I guess there's a certain amount of truth in that, but I liked Colcherian (as I thought it mixed better) and I'm fucked if I'm going to remake the video just for the sake of a couple of little Hitlers.

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy.

No comments: