Monday 8 June 2009

University of Essex's 'Summer Ball' keeps half of Colchester awake with their noise

I got home on 6th June 2009 at 1.30am, after working late. I live 2.2 miles from the Essex University's Wivenhoe Park site.

I could clearly hear loud music being blasted out across the town, and original thought there was an illegal rave occurring at the Wick firing range. Turns out it was the University's 'Summer Ball 2009'.

The music was loud and bassey and went on until 6am.

Why did it need to be so loud? The next day I have friends who live as far as the Maypole pub, telling me they could hear the music. It ruined our nights sleep and was unnecessarily loud. A very irresponsible attitude.

I hope the University will keep check on this next year and that it won't be allowed to happen again.

I'm waiting for a response to a complaint letter recently sent to them...

No comments: