Friday 12 December 2008

Asda Christmas TV advert - it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - no sh*t!


If there was ever an example of Christmas commericalism (is that a word??) in the UK, it's the 2008 Argos advert. Last night me an my bad lady counted how many times we heard the infamous Perry Como song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". The answer - 22 times in 3 hours. Now that's what you call hard sell.

And yes it is Perry Como - it's not Dean Martin or Bing Crosby as spouted by some infidels on the internet.

I thought I'd heard all the Christmas songs but this one had slipped under my radar until this year. I hope I never have to hear it again to be honest.

Thanks Argos you over-selling bastards. yet another half decent Christmas song ruined by a company.

And for those of you who miss the song, here it is again on YouTube. Even better is this remix version.

No comments: