Saturday 6 December 2008

The X Factor - why is the sound quality of the show so poor?

I'm not a fan of reality TV shows but I have come to watch ITV's 'X Factor' program this season for various reasons which I won't go into.

I'm no sound engineer but I have had quite some years experience in live music shows including my own which I have had a successful career in. I have to say that the quality of the sound which the viewer at home receives from the X Factor is extremely poor. The vocals of the singer are often far to quiet - which regularly results on the singer being drowned out by the backing music or (even more embarrassing) having their vocals drowned out by the backing vocals.

If Simon Cowell and Luis Walsh claim to know so much about the music industry, why is it that neither of them have ever picked up on the issue?

How is the home viewer suppose to vote fairly if they can't here all the vocals correctly?

Please, ITV, sort it out!

No comments: